Search This Blog

Labels

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Saint Valentine's Day - Tutorial 1: Romanticide

Hi everyone! Today I'm going to start a short series of makeup tutorials for S. Valentine's day.
I have different proposals for this event because I think everyone see this day in a different light.

So my first tutorial is a more dramatic one, for those of you who wants to have absolutely magnetic and super sexy eyes. This is a perfect choice for those of you who plan to have a romantic night out!




Products I used:

  • Naked 3 Palette by Urban Decay
  • Primer Potion in Eden by Urban Deacy
  • Black Pencil - Design Eye Pencil by Collistar in shade 101
  • Mascara - Ultra Tech Curve by Kiko
  • For eyebrows: Eyebrow Stylist pencil by Catrice in shade 020 (Date with Ash-ton)
  • For lips: Jumbo Lipstick by Astra in shade 08 + Unlimited Lipgloss by Kiko in shade 12
Recreate this look step-by-step:
  1. Apply the primer all over the lid and a bit under the waterline as well. I used Eden instead of original because I wanted to cover some redness and uniform my lid.
  2. With the brush provided with the palette (shading end) take the color Limit and blend it in the upper part of the crease. Intensify the color until you get the amount of intensity you desire.
  3. With the same brush take Nooner and intensify the crease staying in the lower part of the crease. Blend the color a bit on the lid as well.
  4. With the flat end of the brush take Darkside and appy it all over the lid except for the inner corner of the eye. Blend the edges to create a smokey eye effect. Put some of the same color under the waterline.
  5. Now take the color Blackheart (I suggest damping your brush a bit before) and apply it just in the outer corner of the eye (just as if you were tracking your line) and blend it carefully. 
  6. Take a clean brush and apply Strange in the inner corner and under your eyebrow.
  7. With a black pencil trace a very fine line on your lid and blend it with a pointed brush. Apply the pencil also between your lashes (that will help to create a false lashes effect, making them look fuller) and in your waterline. 
  8. Curl your lashes and apply a volumizing mascara. I applied two coats to have a supervolume effect, but if you prefer you can apply false lashes instead (I don't really like how they look on me :P).
  9. For the eyebrows what I always say is: "Keep it simple". With an intense smokey you want to keep your eyebrows light and nice, so I simply filled them with a brow pencil.
  10. For lips I choose an almost neutral color, which is a mauve-browny shade, just a bit darker than my natural lipcolor. I applied the pencil all over the lips, blending it with my finger. To give the effect of fuller lips I applied a white pencil on the cupid's bow (and blend it with my finger) and put some gloss on the top. PRACTICAL TIP: if you actually plan to kiss someone (:P of course) I'm sure he'll thank you if you skip the gloss. To have nice and moisturized lips choose a lip balm instead.
And here you are! As I said this is the first tutorial, more are coming in the next days so if you're curious check out this blog! Stay awsome xx
Giulia

No comments:

Post a Comment