Search This Blog

Labels

Tuesday 14 October 2014

Halloween makeup ideas: the mermaid

Hi everyone! Today I'm back with a make up for Halloween, as you might have guessed from the title :D

It's a bit of a classy in a sense, and a bit different from the standard vampire et simila look.

I've always been fascinated by mermaids, when I was a kid of course I always tought to the "Little Mermaid" by Disney, but growing up I've actually learned that mermaids where a very popular sea legend, and one not so fun and pleasent. Mermaids were actually considered to be sea monsters who desguised themselves as beautiful women with unatural singing ability, ability that was used to draw sailors' attention and make them crash on the rocks. Once lost the ship they were doomed: the monsters would take them in the deepest abyss and eat them.


Products used:
Face:
- The Pore Fessional by Benefit
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in 1N2 (Ecru)
- Loose transparent powder by Vian
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer in 02 (Light Medium)
- Make Up Forever Full Cover Concealer in shade 6

Eyebrows:
- Eyebrow Stylist by Catrice in shade 020 (Date with Ash-ton)

- Eyebrow Set by Catrice

Eyes/face/lips:
- Inglot Freedom System Eyeshadow 413
- Sleek iDivine Ultra Mattes v2
- Sleek iDivine Del Mar
- Nabla Eyeshadow in Zoe
- Kiko Double Glam Eyeliner in 104 (limited edition sorry >_<, it's basically a very deep and beautiful teal color)
- False lashes by IPDo n 159 (it's actually a chinese brand I don't know exactly were to find it except here ahah)

Lips only:
- DIY lipstick (I made it with crayons, a very bright teal color)


How-to:
Eyes:
- Apply the base to the lid as always
- Start with Inglot 413: apply this beautiful iridescent color all over the mobile lid with a flat brush.
- With a blending brush now apply the last color of the first row in the palette Del Mar by Sleek in the crease (blend well!)
- From the Ultra Mattes v2 palette take the matte black and intensify the outer V a bit
- Take Zoe by Nabla (a beautiful iridescent acquamarine color) and apply it in the inner corner as an highlight point and under the brows as well. If you want the iridescent effect to be very present apply it also at the very center of the lid.
- Apply the teal eyeliner in a thin line and smudge it a little bit
- Apply the false lashes and mascara if you like
- Take some of the matte teal color from Del Mar palette under the waterline as well
- Draw the waterline with the same Kiko pencil

Lips:
- I started with lining the lips with the same teal pencil as before (NOTE: actually this pencil was not meant for lips too, if your wearing this on Halloween and maybe planning to eat maybe wear something lip-safe!)
- I then applied my DIY lipstick made from crayons which is a bright full pigment teal
- With my finger I took some of the same Inglot eyeshadow from before and gently pat it all over the lips
- To further highlight the center of my lips and the cupid's bow I used Zoe

Contour:
For the contour I followed the very same rules of traditional contour but I used different colors. For the shadow I used the matte teal from Del Mar palette, for highlighting I used Inglot 413 and Zoe instead. Too bad you can't see the effect in the pictures ahaha (it's very pretty I swear! :D)


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and I hope you all have a great Halloween!
See you soon,
Giulia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment