Search This Blog

Labels

Sunday 5 October 2014

Photographic make up

Hi everyone and welcome back!
I recently got some equipment for photoshooting and filming for a future project with my boyfriend and I thought it was fun to make a tutorial of the makeup I decided to wear for the first "trial" of this stuff since I liked it very much! Here are some photos:



(pardon crappy quality of this one, I realized only later -.-)

If you want to recreate this look stay tuned!

Products I used
Face:
- The Pore Fessional by Benefit
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in 1N2 (Ecru)
- Loose transparent powder by Vian (sorry, as far as I know this product is available in Italy only but any HD powder will do the trick)
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer in 02 (Light Medium)
- Make Up Forever Full Cover Concealer in shade 6
- Contur Kit included in the Master Class III palette by Smashbox
- Baked Blush by Yamamay in shade 01 (peach)

Eyebrows:
- Eyebrow Stylist by Catrice in shade 020 (Date with Ash-ton)
- Eyebrow Set by Catrice

Eyes:
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original
- Inglot Eyeshadow 344
- Catrice Velvet Matt Eyeshadow in 040 (Burgundy)
- L'Oreal Color Infallible Eyeshadow in 013 (Burning Black)
- Kiko Smoky Look Eyeshadow Pencil in shade 10 (sorry, this was part of a limited edition collection but any black pencil or cream eyeshadow will do)
- Nabla Eyeshadow in Zoe
- Yaby Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Perfect Wine
- L'Oreal Gel Intenza Eyeliner in Black
- Essence Long Lasting Eyeshadow pencil in 18 (Berry Merry)
- Black mascara (sorry don't remember which one I used, but it's not really important since I used it only to blend the false lashes with my real lashes)
- Fancy Lashes by Essence

Lips:
- Ace of Diamond Lip Pencil by Kiko in shade 27 (again I'm sorry this is a limited edition but I'm sure there are plenty of dupes around)
- Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Shame

Tutorial:

  1. As usual apply the base to your eyelid. Yes, I'm making the eye makeup before the rest of the face for one simple reason: I don't want to ruin it with fall outs by dark eyeshadows.
  2. Start with a blending brush and take some Inglot 344. This color is going to be our crease color and will help blending the darker colors much easier.
  3. Now apply a black cream eyeshadow as a base on to the lid, be careful not to apply it in the crease as well. Once applied blend the edges (no precision is needed here).
  4. Take the Burning Black pigment by L'Oreal and apply it over the black base, blend the edges up to the crease.
  5. Now take the velvet matt eyeshadow by Catrice and apply it over the pigment and blend.
  6. Increase the color in the crease with a blending brush and some Perfect Wine eyeshadow by Yaby.
  7. Apply Zoe by Nabla only in the central part of the lid and in the inner corner of the eye.
  8. Blend some of the matte burgundy by Catrice below the waterline as well.
  9. Trace a slim line with the gel liner: this will only help to hide the false lashes band.
  10. Apply the false lashes.
  11. Trace the waterline with the eyeliner pencil in Berry Merry.
  12. Now for the face: before starting check and clean any fall out it might have happened, then apply the Pore Fessional where you think you have larger pores.
  13. Now apply the foundation: I chose this one by Estee Lauder because it has a low spf (meaning it photographs better and won't give the white cast effect), really good coverage and really long wearing.
  14. Conceal the dark circles under your eyes: since I have VERY dark circles I used Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer before and on top I blended a really small amount of Make Up forever full cover concealer. Of course, if you have any other imperfection, now it's time to cover it up!
  15. Set the concealer under the eyes (REALLY important): I used the "Higlight" shade in the Masterclass III palette by Smashbox (I think it's similar to the banana powder by Anastasia or Ben Nye but I'm not sure, I don't have them)
  16. Powder the rest of the face, I used my most loved loose powder by Vian, but you can use any powder you wish to use. 
  17. Time for contouring: with the "Contour" shade by the same palette I enhanced my cheekbones, my forehead and my nose.
  18. Apply the blush (not very lightly, remember that lights on the set are going to wash out the colors).
  19. Do your eyebrows as you prefer.
  20. Line your lips and apply the lipstick.
You're done! Hope you enjoyed this tutorial and I'll see you very soon ;) 

Giulia xx


No comments:

Post a Comment